hello sir my front tooth is missing and my right hand side tooth is also little bit of missing and my left hand side of tooth is half missing and little bit of facture i dont want to any surgery or any fiber post of tooth what i do dentist said to me if i take the two extra tooth of both side or a second option he give a fiber posting. i dont want to touch my both side of untouch tooth or a fiber posting what i do because fiber posting is harmfull and break the roots of tooth vertically

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - September - 2011, at 00:08 AM

• For the front missing tooth, you can go for dental implants for replacement. Implants are the best option for replacement of missing tooth. For the right hand and left hand side fractured tooth, you can go for post and core procedure. Fiber post is not harmful and will not break or harm the roots. These days very good posts are available. Fiber posts have very good results and they don’t cause any damage or harm to the roots.  Post and core procedure is done when there is loss of much of tooth structure. For post and core placement, root canal procedure is done for the fractured tooth and then post is inserted in the roots to give strength to the tooth. Tooth is then built up over it with amalgam or composite and after that crown is given on the tooth. Dental bridge can also be an option for restoring weak fractured tooth but in case of dental bridge, support of adjacent teeth are taken and adjacent teeth are also grinded.  You can go for post and core procedure to restore your fractured tooth. If you don’t want to go for post and core, then you can go for dental implants for fractured teeth too. Dentist will remove the fractured tooth with minimum trauma to the adjacent tissues and then will put an implant in the bone. After placing the dental implant, abutment attachment can be done on the implant immediately or after few months depending on the primary support of the implant placed. You don’t have any other alternative apart from these options. For more info on post and core procedure, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-post-and-core-281.aspx

Free Dental Consultation