I have no teeth and have never been able to find a lower plate to fit right. How many implants do I need on an average to have dentures instead of all implants. Is this possible. I was told that usually it is two on top and two on the bottom to hold the partial in, is this accurate. Thank you Susie

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - November - 2011, at 01:33 AM

• Lower dentures don’t fit that well as upper dentures because surface area of lower arch is less and because of presence of tongue around, fit of lower dentures is not as good as upper dentures. For improvement of stability, dental implants can be given. Two implants in jaw bone can provide some stability to the denture and will provide a better fit. For better stability, you can opt for implant supported bar in which 3 to 5 dental implants are given in lower arch and 4 to 6 dental implants are given on upper arch. Treatment of choice for lower arch is fixed implant supported hybrid denture in which 5 to 7 dental implants are given in lower arch and 8 to 10 dental implants are given in upper arch. Number of dental implants which are given depends on bone density, thickness of bone, arch length etc. Your implantologist will consider all the factors and will decide the number of dental implants which will be required.  For more info on dental implants, refer to…    http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation