i have an absess and am allergic to penicillin. my dentist prescribed keflex. i took half of a 500mg dose and four hours later i am ok. should i continue this drug or ask for a different one. thank you so much,

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 16 - July - 2009, at 20:14 PM

  • You must have given the history of Penicillin allergy to your dentist and only then he must have prescribed you keflex. Moresoever if after 4 hours you are fine that means you are not allergic to this drug otherwise within 30-45 minutes the symptoms of allergy come. If you are still apprehensive then before discontinuing or changing to another medicine you should contact your dentist. For more Abscess teeth you can read the following article from our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation