I have grooves on the biting part of my front teeth to the point where i can put my fingernail in to them . i want to know can you fill this part of a tooth . and will it last . thank you

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - September - 2009, at 20:39 PM

  • You have not mentioned your age. if the front tooth is just erupted and you have grooves on the cutting surface than that is normal because they are there and are called mammelons. They them selves get flattened. They are developmental grooves and are prsent in all the front upper and lower front teeth . but if the grooves are because of wearing of the incisal surface or because of chipping then depending upon the depth of groove the treatment is done. most conservative treatment is the composite filling. If the depth is not much and you take precautions like not biting hard things from the front teeth then these fillings are durable. The other optios are the veneers or the crowns. the choice of treatment depends upon the depth of groove and amount of tooth loss.  for detailed info on the cmposite fillings you can visit the following link on our website.......http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-the-advantages-of-composite-filling-58.aspx

Free Dental Consultation