My tooth has been sensitive for a week now especially when I bite on it. Should I go and see a dentist?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 25 - August - 2009, at 19:22 PM

  • If your tooth is sensitive for more than a week and you must go and see the dentist because sometimes there is some hidden cavity which is not seen but can only be diagnosed by xray. In your case as the senstivity is mainly on biting then it can be because of crack in the tooth. In crack tooth, the pain is normally not there but when you eat or bite then the tooth is sensitive. The dentist will take the xray and diagnose the problem. It is better to get the treatment ASAP. If the sensitivity is because of cavity then a simple filling will help you but if it is because of cracked tooth then depending upon the position of the crack line, either crown is recommended or Root Canal is done and after crown is given. For more on cavities you can read the following article from our website...

Free Dental Consultation