My friend was diagnosed with Periodontal Disease several years ago. He has recently been suffering from extreme pain in his gums. To the point where he is not able to sleep at night, because the pain is so severe. He is aware that this is to no fault of his own due to his lack of oral hygiene over the years. He wants to get this resolved as soon as possible, however do to his recent job loss he doesn't have the medical insurance or extra funds to pay for such an expensive porcedure. He and I need some suggestions on what he can do at this time. I look forward to dicussing this with you. Thank You, Kim~

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 20 - June - 2009, at 06:58 AM

  • Your friend needs SCRP but if the bone loss is severe then may be flap surgery is needed. So if he cannot afford the private dentist then he can try some dental school near your home to get the treatment done. In dental school they usally charge very less or may be free for treatment. Till then he can try to maintain very good oral hyg with warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. He can also use hydrogen perioxide rinses. For more on periodontal diseases you can read the following article from our website..

Free Dental Consultation