What is the surgical procedure for moving a lower jaw forward instead of using the Herpst device? A surgical procedure has been recommended over the Herpst and I would like to know what it entails.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 30 - August - 2010, at 19:42 PM

  • It is called the orthognathic surgery. In this the surgery is done in such a manner so the lower jaw cmes forward. It is recommended in cases where there is acute posterior positioning of the lower jaw and the dentist feels that with the help of any myofunctional appliace the jaw can not be moved forward. The type of surery varies from case to case. you can browse more for this for more information.

Free Dental Consultation