Hello: A couple of months ago my dental crown feel off my Molar second from back on right upper side. I took the crown to the dentist who took an Xray & pronounced that this crown was not going back in because the tooth was too badly decayed & would need to come out. However, he did offer to cement it back in on a temporary basis. That recement lasted 2 months & fell back out. Now I have lost the crown & have had nothing for the last 2 weeks, just the stub tooth. I need to go & have the tooth extracted but would like to wait a couple of weeks until Thanksgiving is over. Is there any danger in waiting? what if I did nothing? Why cannot a new crown be placed on the tooth if there is no pain isn't some tooth better than no tooth? What can happen to the stub if I wait? Can it get infected?

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 22 - November - 2009, at 20:16 PM

  • If you have failed Root Canal and because of the decayed tooth your crown is coming out again and again then you can go for re-root canal treatment and post and core, above that crown can be given. But it is possible only if the bone structure is fine. If there is no pain and only the supporting tooth structure is less then you can go for post and core but if you leave the tooth like this it will get infected and you will end having pain. For more on re-root canal and post and core you can read the following articles from our website.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_What-Is-Post-And-Core-280.aspx  http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation