I am missing the two back bottom molars on one side of my mouth. The problem is that my two top teeth above those have shifted down just about to the gumline. My dentist says that he thinks that he can make a very small partial to fit down there. However, so far that's the only option that he gave me during that visit. Im wondering if maybe I could get them trimmed/shortened and then capped or crowned or maybe get a brigde. I'd like to keep those two teeth if possible. Im not too quick go with the small partial idea bc I dont think it'll work with the teeth being so far extruded down to the gums. Right now I chew hard foods only on one side of my mouth and Im ready to get this taken care of. Any options.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 17 - September - 2009, at 19:52 PM

  • I do not know the condition of the two upper extruded teeth. if they are healthy with enough bone support then you can get them trimmed to make the space for the lower missing teeth. but then you have to get them root canal treated and get the crown. Then for lower also you can go for the bridge. But you have to discuss this option with your dentist as the treatment plan depends upon the detailed history and clinical examination of the patient. for more information on root canal treatmennt you can visit the following lnk on our website.......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation